Saturday, August 10th ~ Noon – 5:00 pm
Main Street on the Courthouse Square
We are excited to welcome the Giants LIVE – North American Open back to beautiful downtown Martinsville on Saturday, August 10th at noon. Hosted by Aaron Molin and his team at CORE FITNESS CLUB, this is the only World’s Strongest Man Qualifier held in North America. Twelve athletes from around the world will be competing in the five exciting events listed below to determine the three who will advance to the World’s Strongest Man in 2020.
- Max Axle Press – The competitors will be attempting a World Record of 476 lbs!
- Super Yoke – 1000 lbs on their back! It’s a race to see who can carry the yoke for 100 feet with the fastest time!
- Car Deadlift – The athlete that can pick up the car the most times in 60 seconds wins this event.
- Farmers Carry – 343 lbs in each hand!! This is another race where the contestant who can carry it 100 feet in the fastest time, wins!
- Atlas Stones – Athletes must lift a 5 stone series weighing up to 410 lbs onto platforms as tall as 68 inches. Who can place all 5 stones the fastest?
This is a show you don’t want to miss! Admission is FREE, so bring the family and your lawn chairs to downtown Martinsville and enjoy this show of amazing strength by these gentle giants.
Participating Athletes (in no particular order):
- TREY MITCHELL, USA
- BRYAN BENZEL, USA
- EVAN SINGLETON, USA
- KEVIN FAIRES, USA
- MAX BOUDREAULT, CANADA
- ROB KEARNEY, USA
- MARK FELIX, GREAT BRITAIN
- BOBBY THOMPSON, USA
- WESLEY CLABORN, USA
- ANDREW CLAYTON, USA
- TIM COTE, CANADA
- EDDIE WILLIAMS, AUSTRALIA
New this year, there will be a fun photo op for kids! Stick around after the events and join us for a Meet & Greet with these outstanding athletes. Hosted by Fables and Fairy Tales Bookshop at 38 N. Main St., this is a great opportunity to get autographs and to hear a little of each athlete’s story.