Combined FEIS and Record of Decision put project on path to completion
INDIANAPOLIS (February 8, 2018) – The final leg of Interstate 69 in Indiana is a step closer to completion with the release of the Tier 2 Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) and Record of Decision (ROD) for I-69 Section 6. In addition to increasing economic activity in the Martinsville to Indianapolis corridor, I-69 Section 6 will improve safety and travel times for motorists.
An electronic version of the document can be viewed at http://www.i69indyevn.org under the Section 6/FEIS tab. Printed copies of the document will be available for review tomorrow at the following locations:The 1,700 page FEIS affirms State Road 37 from State Road 39 to Interstate 465 as the alignment for the 26-mile stretch of highway, and includes recommendations for roadway right of way, location and types of 10 interchanges, placement of 13 overpasses and underpasses and construction of more than 18 miles of new local access roads. The exhaustive study identifies and proposes ways to mitigate the impacts that I-69 Section 6 construction could have on homes, businesses and natural assets within the corridor.
- Indianapolis Public Library, 5301 Kentucky Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46221
- Indiana State Library, 140 N. Senate Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Indianapolis Public Library, 40 E. St. Clair Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Monroe County Public Library, 303 E. Kirkwood, Bloomington, IN 47408
- Indianapolis Public Library, 2630 E. Stop 11 Road, Indianapolis, IN 46227
- Johnson County Library, 1664 Library Boulevard, Greenwood, IN 46142
- Mooresville Public Library, 220 W. Harrison Street, Mooresville, IN 46158
- Morgan County Public Library, 9410 State Road 144, Martinsville, IN 46151
- Morgan County Library, 110 S. Jefferson Street, Martinsville, IN 46151
- Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library, 1120 Stafford Road, Plainfield, IN 46108
|About Next Level Roads
“In Indiana, the Crossroads of America is more than a motto; it’s our mission.”
– Governor Eric Holcomb
Next Level Roads is Governor Eric J. Holcomb’s initiative to elevate Indiana’s economic competitiveness and quality of life for all Hoosiers through investment in transportation infrastructure. This sustainable, data-driven plan dedicates more than $30 billion over the next 20 years to improving the conditions of existing roads and bridges – both state and local, finishing major projects, and building for the future. Next Level Roads is enhancing Indiana’s position as a leader in freight and logistics and empowering cities, towns and counties to build communities that attract jobs and talent. Learn more about Next Level Roads at in.gov/indot.
About the Indiana Department of Transportation
INDOT empowers businesses to deliver Indiana to the world and bring the world to Indiana by providing a transportation network that is second to none. The agency builds and maintains more than 28,000 lane miles of highway and 5,600 bridges, and provides oversight for 117 public aviation facilities and more than 4,000 miles of active rail lines. Indiana ranked as the #1 state in the U.S. for infrastructure in CNBC’s 2016 “Top States for Business” ranking. Learn more about INDOT at in.gov/indot.