Gentry Martial Arts Martinsville
1909 E. Morgan St.
FIND YOUR VOICE, TURN FEAR INTO POWER with FAST Defense Basics
Saturday, July 13, 2019, at 1 PM – 4:30 PM
This Class is a MUST For Anyone Going Off to College!
You don’t have to wear the angry white pajamas to learn to effectively protect yourself some from all types of conflict. This empowering class covers the ABC’s of self-defense:
- Awareness–how we are contributing to the conflict either negatively or positively and how to fix bad habits that could make us a target.
- Boundary Setting–how to set verbal boundaries and stop bullies, harassment, and potential threats before they become violent
- Combat–simple moves practiced full force against armored role players to give you the confidence that you can do it for real.
Through realistic scenarios, FAST (Fear Adrenal Stress Training) Defense teaches you how to control your adrenaline rather than letting it control you.
Space is limited to first 12 people! Call 342-5600 or message us to register. Tuition is 50.00. Refresher rate is 20.00
* Do the stress shooting class and the Basics for only 100 total
Stress Shooting FAST
Saturday, July 13, 2019, from 9 AM – 12:30 PM
Most shots occur from this range, and most shots MISS! This is because of the nature of an attack is nothing like target practice at the range. This module of FAST (Fear Adrenaline Stress Training) will teach the basics of defensive point shooting and how to buy time to deploy your weapon in stress scenarios you can’t simulate on the range. This class is crucial to anyone who has a CCW or is thinking of getting one.
The course will cover
–an overview of the legalities of lethal use of force, and how drawing your weapon too soon is a felony. Scenarios will help you appreciate the fine line between being too early and being late.
–adding voice commands for effectiveness and legality
–the affects of adrenaline on your ability to shoot, and why we recommend defensive point shooting without sight picture, as well as implications for stance, etc.
–getting off the attack line to buy more time to deploy and avoid “double homicides”
–the difference between training at the range and asymetrical stress training.
Cost is 75.00
Scenarios will be laser and airsoft based.
Bring your own holster and eye protection if you have it, but we do have plenty of equipment.
July 17 – 19 Lil dragon martial arts camp for ages 4-6
This camp will help your lil dragon get ahead in their martial arts with three days of training, but with plenty of age-appropriate drills and games as well. A great way for beginners to get immersed in the program and build a strong foundation right off the bat. Students have the potential to gain 8 stripes (half a belt rank) in just three intensive (but not too intense) days. Camp will include time for snacks and dodgepad too.
July 22 – Taekwondo Rank Intensive Camp
Use this summer to take your training to another level and accelerate your progression through a week of intensive training. It is also a great way for new students to get up to speed very quickly as all aspects of Taekwondo as a martial art and sport will be covered at each student’s own experience level.
• Camp covers a full belt rank in one week!
• Experience additional training regimens not regularly done in class.
• Receive a video analysis of your performance.
• Have the demo team experience.
• Learn Korean culture/history lessons AND tutoring for your
Black Belt paper
• Acquire black belt prep material, and earn points needed for
• Meals are included.
And still plenty of time for dodgepad!