MARTINSVILLE, IND. – Eddie Fisher has been promoted by the Morgan County Commissioners to lead the Morgan County Highway Department. Fisher has been with the department for more than three years as the District 3 supervisor.
As superintendent, Fisher is responsible for:
· Overseeing daily operations of the county’s roads, bridges and rights of way
· Identifying and coordinating improvements to the county’s infrastructure
· Overseeing construction projects
· Hiring and personnel matters of more than 30 department employees
· Serving as team leader for the Morgan County Highway emergency response team
“Eddie’s broad range of experience and effective leadership in District 3 makes him the clear choice for this position,” Commissioner Don Adams said. “He has the skills and knowledge to serve Morgan County well.”
A lifelong resident of Morgan County, Fisher brings experience as a wildland firefighter and heavy equipment operator at the Indiana Department of Natural Resources to this position.
“I joined the department in 2020 to provide stability for my family,” Fisher said. “I am pleased with the opportunity to lead the department and county in a positive direction.”
Fisher officially began his post on January 1.