Morgan County Families,
The Morgan County public school districts appreciate the patience and understanding of our families over the last weeks and months. We are thankful for the effort and energy that you have invested in supporting our students while engaging in at home learning. Last week, we received guidance regarding the reopening of schools from the Indiana Department of Education in conjunction with the Indiana Department of Health and the Indiana Family and Social Services Agency. All agencies note that there will be adjustments in guidance as new information is received from federal, state and local authorities.
As the school districts in Morgan County, we are sharing the following important information in preparation of the return of our students and staff for the 2020-2021 school year. We will continue to rely on the strong partnership between school and home. It will be critical that our families monitor the health of students and only send them to school if they are well and symptom free. In addition, school staff will receive professional development on the signs and symptoms to look for in students. All Morgan County public schools will begin on their scheduled date and utilize their previously planned school calendars.
We will also:
- •Require all students and staff to have a mask with them at all times. There will be situations when social distancing cannot be observed; therefore, masks will be required.
- •Require students and staff to be fever free for 72 hours without the use of fever reducing medication before returning to school.
- •Maximize instructional space, scheduling flexibility, and limit movement as appropriate to provide greater social distancing opportunities as often as possible.
- •Adhere to IHSAA guidelines for the return to athletic activities.
- •Employ enhanced cleaning procedures throughout school buildings, buses and facilities.
- •Provide additional hand sanitizer stations and increased opportunities for hand sanitizer use and hand washing throughout the school day.
- •Open playgrounds with separate zones for sanitation purposes.
- •Allow the use of water fountains for bottle or cup refills only.
- •Adjust lunches to meet IDOE and CDC recommendations.
- •Identify and create separate space in schools for students displaying symptoms.
- •Suspend all field trips during the school day.
- •Restrict visitors and guests in the building.
- •Discontinue the use of perfect attendance incentives.
Morgan County public schools will continue to collaborate and cooperate with the Morgan County Department of Health to respond to confirmed cases of COVID-19 as well as continued consultation to keep schools open and safe for our students.
Again, all agencies note that there will be adjustments in guidance as new information is received from federal, state and local authorities.We look forward to a very successful school year ahead!