- The I-69 interchange exit ramps to SR 39 are closed for the Rogers Road roundabout construction. This work is expected to continue until on or after May 15.
- There will be various ramp and lane closures at Ohio Street, SR 252, and SR 44 interchanges through May.
- Evening paving operations will continue at the Ohio Street interchange for one week. Closures of one ramp at a time will occur every evening from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Ruth Rusie Way and Bill’s Boulevard are closed at Ohio Street until mid-June. Detour is available from the north at Poston Road and from the west at Bills Boulevard near Orange Street.
- Cramertown Loop is closed south of SR 252 until late May.
- Short repair operations will occur throughout the spring. Please note that at any time there may be single-lane closures as needed on I-69 or short periods of flagging on local roads.
Northern Morgan County
- SR 37 northbound is one travel lane from Egbert Road to Banta Road until crews finish final grading, seeding, cable barrier installation, pavement markings and shoulder corrugations through June. Some minor intermittent lane shifts for maintenance work may occur.
- The Ozark Fisheries driveway is a right-in, right-out intersection.
- A temporary right-in, right-out driveway is open north of Myra Lane for access to the First United Methodist Church in Martinsville. The west approach of Myra Lane is closed.
- Bridge beam construction activities at Myra Lane are expected in the evenings of May 13-17. There will be a lane closure on northbound SR 37 from the Ozark Fisheries driveway extending to Egbert Road on these dates.
- SR 37 southbound is one travel lane from Banta Road to Morgan Street through June.
- Old SR 37 (Old Port Royal Road) and Wellington Drive north of SR 144 are closed through the summer. Access to properties north of SR 144 is from the new Huggin Hollow Road. Lanes on SR 144 in this area are ten feet wide through the summer.
- Waverly Park Road at SR 144 will remain open while the north approach is being constructed.
- Emergency vehicles may use the crossovers south of Waverly Road, north of Stotts Creek, and the former Morgan Street intersection to access the opposite side of the highway. Other crossovers are now closed.
- Mowing crews may be active this week throughout the project.
- Banta Road east of I-69 is open. Banta Road west of I-69 remains closed.
- Smith Valley Road is a gravel road from west of SR 37 to the Old SR 37 roundabout. Old SR 37 is currently open between Huggin Hollow/SR 144 and Smith Valley Road at SR 37.
- In late May, Smith Valley Road access to and from the west side of SR 37 will be closed. Old SR 37 will be open between Huggin Hollow/SR 144 and Fairview Road.
- There will be a single-lane closure on southbound SR 37 from Fairview Road to Bluffdale Road from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on either May 19 or 20.
- Rally Points for emergency responders
- Rally Point 1 is at SR 37 and Fairview Road. Meet here for escort onto the jobsite.
- Rally Point G is at SR 37 and SR 144.
- Rally Point H is at SR 37 and Smith Valley Road (CR 900 N).
- Emergency vehicles may travel through Edgewood Avenue east of SR 37, if necessary, by moving barricades.
- On eastbound and westbound I-465 between Mooresville Road Bypass and Madison Avenue, expect localized single or double-lane closures nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- There will be ramp closures on the northbound ramp from US 31 to eastbound and westbound I-465 between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night this week.
- There will be possible 20-minute stoppages on the southbound ramp from US 31 to westbound I-465 between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. on May 18 and 19.
- There will be 20-minute stoppages on eastbound and westbound I-465 near the Madison Avenue bridge between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night this week.
- The Mooresville Road Bypass bridge over I-465 will be closed until on or before 6 p.m. on May 16. The detour follows Mann Road, West Thompson Road, and South High School Road.
- The Mann Road bridge over I-465 will close on the night of May 22. The detour follows West Thompson Road and Kentucky Avenue.
- The Madison Avenue bridge over I-465 will be closed until September. The detour will follow East Thompson Road, South Keystone Avenue, and East Hannah Avenue.
- Mowing and weed-trimming crews will be active this week throughout the project.
- Rally Points for emergency responders
- Rally Point 2 is at SR 37 and Southport Road. Meet here for escort onto the jobsite.
- Rally Point 3 is at the Kentucky Avenue/I-465 interchange.
- Rally Point 4 is at the Harding Street/I-465 interchange.
- Rally Point 5 is at the I-65/I-465 interchange.
Short-term lane and ramp closures in Martinsville are expected to begin later this week for laying the final layer of asphalt pavement, permanent striping, and grinding rumble strips in the shoulders.
Around-the-clock lane closures continue north of Martinsville through late April as crews install median cable barriers, stabilize side-slopes and place crushed stone in the shoulders. Police are enforcing the reduced speed limits of 45 mph.
Cramertown Loop is closed south of S.R. 252 to replace a drainage structure and rebuild a small section of the road. See a map of the closure and local access routes.
S.R. 252 will also close for about a week by early May to complete the roundabout at the intersection.
S.R. 39/Morton Avenue traffic is shifted to complete the roundabout at Rogers Road. the permanent on-ramp to I-69 southbound is expected to open in the coming weeks and the existing temporary ramp will be removed.
South Street is scheduled to close in April between Home Avenue, just west of the I-69 overpass, and Ohio Street. This City of Martinsville project involves waterline work, storm sewer installation, and road improvements.