Martinsville Chamber on Facebook
The I-69 Finish Line team has arrived in downtown Martinsville and is preparing to mill and pave Morgan St. - from the State Rd. 39 Bypass to Grassyfork; Main Street - from Morgan St. to Morton Ave.; and Morton Ave, - from Main St. to the bypass. The Indiana Department of Transportation agreed with The City Of Martinsville, Indiana that they would repave these sections to mitigate the wear and tear on these streets since they were part of the designated detour when I-69 was being constructed through Martinsville.
Please watch for flaggers, one-lane traffic in spots, and in general, ever-changing traffic patterns as you travel through downtown over the next few weeks. This will be a temporary disruption that will result in several miles of freshly paved and lined streets! ... See MoreSee Less
- Likes: 25
- Shares: 21
- Comments: 3
Between this going on and I applaud its being done and then the soon closing of Ohio street for a new roundabout we never will get out of the city.
Are they paving all of Morgan st or patching parts and paving others ?
Will they be repaving Southview Drive since it too was used as a detour? It is terrible!
We remember… ... See MoreSee Less
TRAFFIC ALERT from the Martinsville Police Department!
The northbound exit ramp to Morton Ave. off of I-69 (137-mile marker) will be closed for the next several hours due to an overturned semi. Please choose another route. ... See MoreSee Less
- June event highlights include many concerts, the Rally in the Valley & Antique Machinery Show, and downtown Martinsville sidewalk sales
- June events at 21 North include Brunch, Wine Pairings, Steak & Whiskey Night for Dad, and more…
- Chamber members and guests enjoy presentation about the April 2024 total solar eclipse
- Countywide book fair to benefit Morgan County Coalition for Literacy
- Fables and Fairy Tales to host book signing by award winning broadcaster and author, Paul Page