Job description for Kennel Attendant
As a Kennel Attendant, you will be responsible to provide compassionate and attentive care of the animals at all times, maintain a clean healthy environment for the animals and the public, and assist with other duties as needed.
This position requires you to be a team player, communicate well with others, have attention to detail, use critical thinking skills, as well as interact with your co-workers and the public in a calm and friendly manner. A willingness to learn and the ability to take direction from others is a must.
- Following all policies and procedures as well as working effectively, efficiently, and in accordance with the Morgan County Humane Society’s policies.
- Daily, thorough cleaning of all animal kennels, outdoor runs, and yards, food, and water bowls.
- Administering medication to animals.
- Feeding and providing water for the animals.
- Spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day.
- Cleaning and upkeep of both inside and outside of the building.
- Monitoring the health of all animals in the shelter, on an ongoing basis by rapidly identifying any health problems or conditions (medical or behavioral) and immediately reporting them to management.
- Moving animals throughout the shelter.
- Assist and partake in the training of new staff and volunteers.
- Treating all animals humanely, and with compassion at all times.
- Stocking supplies as needed.
- Maintaining a friendly demeanor and providing good and professional customer service while assisting the public.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members, volunteers, management, and rescue partners.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay is dependent on experience.
Must be available to work any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $9.50 per hour
All customers are by appointment only and are required to wear a mask at all times when interacting with staff. Currently, we are curbside service only.
Can apply on Indeed or in person at the shelter