Will your business be affected by road construction over the next few years? If you are in Martinsville, the answer is most likely “Yes”!
Road construction related to the transformation of State Rd. 37 to Interstate 69 in our area is now part of our daily lives and with that comes some challenges for residents and businesses alike. Recently, the Martinsville Chamber of Commerce and Visit Morgan County coordinated a meeting for local small business owners and managers to help them navigate the challenges ahead. Topics addressed included:
- I-69 and related projects timeline (See map below.)
- INDOT communications
- Local, free resources for your business
- How to make the most of your social media
- Collaborative marketing and events
- The importance of being intentional in your choices
- And more
Thank you to our presenters for sharing valuable information:
- Josh Messmer, City of Martinsville Engineer
- Andy Dietrick, INDOT Major Projects
- Mindy Peterson, VP – C2 Strategic Communications
- Tosha Daugherty, Executive Director – Visit Morgan County
- Jod Woods – Legacy Business Consultants
THANK YOU to Annabelle Cleary, MHS REWIND, for taking time to join us and recording this event for those who were unable to attend.
*This is an unedited video that includes a few minutes when we encountered a technical glitch with the Visit Morgan County presentation. Hang in there because Tosha did a great job of presenting lots of great info while the glitch was being fixed. 🙂
Martinsville Chamber ~ 765.342.8110 ~ info@MartinsvilleChamber.com
Visit Morgan County – 765.346.5611 ~ info@VisitMorganCountyIN.com
City of Martinsville
Engineer: 765.342.2861 #267
Director of Public Works: 765.342.2861 #227
INDOT – Get the latest info!
INDOT4U – INDOT customer service portal. If you say your question is about I-69 Section 6, your request/concern will be forwarded to a member of the project team. Currently, this is the fastest and easiest way to get specific project information.
855-indot4u ~ 855.463.6848
Find I-69 Section 6 in Major Projects ~ Email messages and/or text alerts
Twitter (currently inactive)
Coming in October/November 2019
· Launch of the new project website
· Upgraded social media channels
· More frequent project updates
· Series of 3 public information meetings along the corridor, dates, and locations TBA