Dear Community Leaders,
United Way of Central Indiana announced the Community Economic Relief Fund dollars made possible by a generous donation from Lilly and other funders last Friday.
My colleagues have been meeting with those funders today to determine how and when those dollars will be disbursed. Although I don’t have that answer yet, I do know that priority will go to Human Service Organizations providing front line services to those in need during this crisis. (basic needs supports)
Please help us get the word out by sharing the info below with your contacts. Updates will be provided daily on the uwci.org homepage so please check in regularly.
Thanks for all you do. It is because of leaders and donors like you, that United Way is able to do this work!
Stay safe and well,
Diana Roy | Community Relations Director | United Way of Central Indiana
- The coronavirus is not just a health crisis. It is also an economic one – the depth and magnitude of which is uncertain.
- On March 13, United Way of Central Indiana announced a $16.5 million Central Indiana COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund to support human services organizations and the individuals and families they serve who are affected directly and indirectly by COVID-19 coronavirus.
- As of this morning (3/17), the total amount donated stands at $17,261,876.
- Right now, United Way is hosting frequent calls with organizations in the human services sector to collaborate, address gaps in services, and identify solutions for the short-term and long-term.
Information will be made available and updated daily at www.uwci.org/blog
Questions and Answers
How do agencies request/receive funding from the COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund?
- United Way is working with direct service organizations to identify critical needs and resource gaps in our community caused by the pandemic. We have the highest level of urgency to distribute these funds as quickly as possible to meet the growing needs of the six-county region.
- As of this moment, United Way is working with funding partners to identify community-based organizations to which the fund will make initial contributions. We will keep updating our website at www.uwci.org/blog with real-time information on funding phases, volunteer information, links to important community resources, and FAQs. We expect that there will be multiple rounds of investment based on evolving needs over time.
If a human services agency, frontline in providing assistance to the community, would like to inquire about funding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the administration fee for donations?
- 100% of donations from individuals to the COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund website will go directly to the organizations that are serving those in need due to the pandemic.
How does this fit with the other grant opportunities from UWCI?
- The COVID-19 CERF supports the needs in our community that specifically relate to the economic hardship caused by the pandemic.
- This fund is specific to this crisis; however, it fits within United Way’s mission of serving our community’s basic needs.
How can an individual or business donate?
- For those individuals who want to donate, go to our home page and click on the COVID-19 Fund link or go directly to www.COVID-19CERF.org
I’m in need of services. How do I get help and access to these funds?
- Individuals seeking assistance should call 211 or visit IN211.org in order to connect to the appropriate agency for your needs and in your geographic area. More information will be available at www.covid-19cerf.org regarding funding to organizations to help support those in need as it’s related to the coronavirus pandemic.
How can someone volunteer?
- Keeping in line with the Centers for Disease Control’s guidelines to date about social distancing during this pandemic, we will be working with organizations on appropriate volunteer opportunities that would be essential in times like this. We’ll post regular updates on our website as well as on Get Connected.