Legal Assistant/Paralegal Job Description
• Overall being a much-needed sidekick to a busy solo practice. With the bonus of flexible hours and remote work.
• Answering the phones
• Calendaring appointments.
• Client control and contact.
• Preparing a variety of legal documents necessary for the organization, such as agreements, deeds, liens, lien releases, motions, orders, etc.
• Providing word processing, filing, and document transmittal services;
• Transmitting legal correspondence to clients, customers, outside counsel, and court officials by electronic filing, mail, fax, or messenger;
• Creating, organizing, and maintaining all legal files;
• Preparing client responses to discovery requests.
• Assisting with legal functions, such as performing records research, performing legal research, checking legal forms for accuracy, preparing legal documents, preparing drafts of contracts, preparing contract amendments.
• The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time
• Must be comfortable with a digital format Law firm. We are cloud-based and not paper files.
• Ability to professionally handle the phones and potential difficult clients.
• Self initiator, dependable. organized, hardworking (but have a sense of humor!), interpersonal skills.
• Bonus if you have a background in office management or accounting.
This position can be flexible with when and where you work from. This is a Contractor position so no benefit packages are available. The pay rate is based on experience and qualification. Paralegal certified will be paid at a higher rate than Legal Assistant. Range $15-28 per hr. Min 3 years in the legal field and must pass a background check.